View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Just A Reminder About Religious People

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
edit: "the standard model of the world" is a phrase i just made up meaning: the model of the world where one reality exists, time and space exist, and consciousness is either separate from the material world, or is created by the material world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please make a post that is true in all respects to the concept that the 'standard model' as you present it is false.

luckyme

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm having difficulty decoding your request. i take it to mean: please suggest a model of the world that does not meet my definition of the standard model.

if i am reading that wrong, please clarify for me.

possibilities:
the world is a dream you are having (this is ambiguous. could mean different things depending on who/what "you" are)

more specifically, consciousness creates the world and itself in a loop-like manner. for instance, "the world doesn't exist. it is just imagined. where did the imaginer come from? he is part of the imagination he is having. the dream only exists relative to itself."

related idea, even more specific, would be that there are infinite parallel worlds, in which every possible reality is happening at once etc yada yada yada.

i have a feeling i might have misinterpreted your request, so please restate if necessary.