View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
100$ is ridiculously underpriced. You should be selling this for $500 MINIMUM and imo more in the 1k-2k range.

Oh and a question - you said you have 170 fields per player per hand. This sort of suggests you've gone the PT route of having a field for possible stats as opposed to just transforming the data to where any possible stat is easily extracted. Is there data loss in the import? and if so how much for betting information and hand/board strength information?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

The original hand history and the standard transformed xml based hand history (which is kind of what you are referring to I believe since this is a complete representation of the hand) are both available but a "PlayerHands" table with extracted values per player per hand is necessary otherwise performance would quickly take a nose dive.

Your concerns however are valid and I do have mechanisms to deal with this to ensure that the DB design at launch can be modified somewhat on the fly. Also, the DB design at Beta launch will likely change somewhat with new fields and potentially new tables based on feedback. As recently as a couple of days ago I added a bunch of new "3 barrel" stats for both the raiser and the player facing the 3rd raise on the river. I tried to make it as complete as possible but already I'm coming up with additional things I want to track.

One other thing that I'm going to be a little vague about and not talk about again until launch is that you do have the ability to create your own stats and have them appear in reports and the HUD. For example, you could make a "check raise turn all-in after check calling the flop" stat and call it the OOP Float Push. The ability to do things like this are more for me so that I can more easily make changes in the future but creative HM users have a lot of power under the hood to mess around with.

Regarding hand strengths, you might want to check out the hand value filter screen shot. For every hand on every street I have over 60 made hand values along with about 10 flush draw and 6 straight draw values.

Hope that answers your questions,

rvg