View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 12:26 PM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller
Default Re: PNL Study Group Day 8: The REM Process - \"Equity\", \"Maximize\", \"RI

[ QUOTE ]
May I ask an offtop about your book and SPR?
When you can't achieve low to medium SPR for big PP's and cards, but you h8 Triskidekiphobia(13) then how you go with let's say KK UTG 6max? Raising to 8-10 bb sounds too stupid, not raising to standard 4bb, just limping? Sounds fishy. Everywhere(and all the VOD's) I've been taught that never open-limp a hand in 6max, except AA sometimes for check-raise.
Your book is awesome, but SPR part...i just don't get it, how to make practical use of it? any limits...
In the book you teach that don't raise the hand no standard by every1 amount(which is 3-4bb), don't do it just because every1 does it...I don't get it, Stox, Cardrunners' VOD's and 2+2 NL section stickies teach you that this is normal and that what you should do. I am totally confused now. Please, help to solve it. Thanks.
Now about REM. The hardest and the most important is R. E- equity is just a matter of calculation. M is choosing the line to take which will be most profitable consider Range of opp's hands and our equity. Did I get that right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi PureDiesel,

Thanks for the questions. Check out these two links for starters:

here and here

also, we will eventually get to SPR in the study group...

thanks,

Sunny