View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Attn: Admins...I.P. block needed.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty extreme now a days Granny, we are not the tiny community we used to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, actually i think we are pretty tiny in the scheme of things.

i can assure you that the forum this poster is posting in is not any bigger than the IG forum used to be. if it is, it is certainly not by much. i.e. 120 people viewing a forum compared to 50 people is pretty insignificant as far as the internets goes.

this place has grown fine, but i think many of you think it is much bigger and MUCH more important than it actually is. i know this bruises some egos, but we are not the force many people think we are. for example, i laugh when i see comments that FTP *MUST* listen and immediately react to 2p2 re: the bot thing because if 2p2 players don't frequent their site they are ruined.

lolz

[/ QUOTE ]

1 - 2+2 is the largest gathering of like minded poker players in the world. Over 100,000 unique visitors a week - thats huge. Much bigger than any of its competitors. Thats 100,000 readers.. not 100,000 sessions. 2+2 is now has a readership than dwarfs newspapers found in some major cities, and its a 100% targeted audience - thats massive.

2 - Your right, its laughable that FTP has to do what a bunch of users want, but 2+2 is now powerful enough that if Mason wanted to make something like that his personal cause in the name of 2+ 2 (which he likely wouldn't of course, nor do i think he should) FTP would likely be forced to listen and negotiate a remedy.

In short, we are not small anymore. Sure it feels lie it because the minority of posters seem to make the majority of noise, but its the silent majority that tend to lurk more than post who make 2+2 a 300lb gorilla.