View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Police kill Polish man @ Vancouver Airport

"Handling mentally ill teenage boys in a controlled setting is much different than handling random dudes in an airport. "

I acknowledged this in my original post but for some reason you choose the repeat it as though I was neglecting this fact. However I don't think they are as different as you may expect. These teens leave the residence and we don't always know what they are doing in the community and what they are bringing back into the residence. This is closer to an apple vs. apple comparison then you think.

"I very much doubt that if this guy got hurt during a takedown people in this thread would be posting "justifiable imo" wrt the cops."

Of course anyone who is anti-police is going to make noise no matter how justified the police were in their actions. Just like the blindly pro-police aren't going to be able to look at a case and be critical where police clearly circumvent procedure and injury results.

There are plenty of cases of police shootings and aggression that, after investigation, are deemed necessary and the general public accepts the result.

"If you want to post the takedown techniques you used on the kids go ahead. "

I'm not sure if you are actually interested or simply looking for fault but I was trained in CPI and UMAP(I've been through the course at least a dozen time) - the specific takedown method differed based on number of individuals involved as well as age and strength of the adolescent.
One thing that is clear is that pressure on the upper back, throat, or anywhere else that would restrict breathing should be avoided at all costs and never used when going by the book. I don't know how this directive changes for police officers.