View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Sit \'N Go strategy-reviews?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have the book. What would concern me is this: SNGs have changed dramatically. Three years ago, 4 people would be out in the first hand, in SNGs up to $30. I played a $5 on FT two days ago for the first time in six months. The first hand folded to the blinds.

Even this $5 level was ridiculously tight. It was either fold or push. One player was playing poker. ME. No one else. The poker player won it, but it wasn't any fun at all.

If the book doesn't address how they've changed and how the SNG player has to adjust, then it's not going to work. I made my first roll on SNGs. Now, I wouldn't care to play them for any reason other than breaking the monotony of regular cash games. They are nowhere near as lucrative as they were once.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with this. I used to love SNGs because the game would become short-handed so quickly and then real play would begin. No longer...everyone's tight as a drum and you're lucky to be down to 5 after 4 or 5 rounds. The games have definitely changed and I only play SNGs now when I am short on time.

I'm still going to read the book though...just waiting for it to get here!