View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

[ QUOTE ]
sean what helped u turn it around the most? session reviews? coaching? books? etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that what did it the most was a combination of session reviews and the knowledge available in books and these forums. Really, almost everything you need to learn is here for the taking, the actual difficult part is tracking down what you need to do to improve and then diligently applying it. The session reviews let you find the habits in your game that lose you money, either by getting it in while behind or failing to get it in when doing so will win you money. The next part after this is finding out what the best way to solve these habitual mistakes are and disciplining yourself enough to make the changes. You would be surprised what you can gain from simply taking one night every month and rereading every single last item in the uNL and SSNL stickies. I would also suggest every couple of months taking the time to reread any NL Hold 'Em books that you have. In both these situations things that seemed completely inconsequential to you the last time you read the information are suddenly very applicable to a problem you find yourself constantly confronted with now.

I've not had any coaching yet, but plan on getting some in the next week or so. I think that outside opinions help tremendously.