View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 03:11 AM

Default Re: doyle brunson

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you speak like you actually know anything about him. Doyle's rep is, unlike most in the poker world, pretty untarnished. I have no delusions about his sainthood, but I'd bet all of my money (a small bet, unfortunately) that he's a standup kind of guy...

[/ QUOTE ]

the guy wouldn't stake his own daughter in the WSOP giving the excuse that it's "too much of a crapshoot"

he can't be that great of a guy

[/ QUOTE ]

How many family members do you stake? You don't tell them that if they are good enough to play in the ME, they are good enough to satellite in do you? What if she asked Doyle for money to play the lottery or roulette, would he be "not that great a guy" if he refused to stake her?

[/ QUOTE ]

well first of all people don't call me the godfather of poker, and i don't bet huge amounts of money on sporting events, prop bets, and such. if i did both of those things and my own daughter asked me to play the 1 poker tournament of the year most worth playing in, i'd say yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thats a pretty lame reasonning, no body would say a car dealership is a bad man because he doenst want to pay his son the last BMW.

[/ QUOTE ]

lollllllllllllllllll