View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Question on Variance & judging your play

well if you are comfortably playing small ball and not reraising and that works then stick with that

but it seems like its not working as well as you would like (since you are unhappy with your results)

so i'd say that you do have a few good ideas
learning how to play in reraised pots is a good idea.
trusting your reads is always a good idea, but if you seem to be wrong more than right then take a note of that and fine-tune your "reads".

an example of winning without showdown is if you think they're full of [censored] or know their hand is not good enough to call a raise then raise them off of it. you dont have to call down with A high when you know youre good. you can also raise them off of their hand and take down the pot right then and there.

but making this play that is new to your repetoire should not become more of the rule than your tried and tested methods. just try to add it in more than you have been.

i've always been someone who found more things out on the flop than the turn, but i also realize that the turn can create an interesting dynamic (re: why floating works). its really almost theoretical to the point that you need to post some hands to talk about because its so situational.

when you play in the near future think of tools that good players use and think of: when they use them, who they use them against them, why the tools work, and how you can add them in and make your game better.