View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Re: i am an embarrassment

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But if you've ever had as many real jobs as I've had

[/ QUOTE ]

A real job is one which you can earn a living wage off of that can sustain a family. Not that job working in the bakery at Panera or stocking groceries or delivering pizzas or working at the theatre or whatever other of these "real jobs" you talk about that can get you by week to week. Thats not a "real job" thats called a grind.

If you actually mean "real jobs" like an ASP developer or draft engineer or something that can actually turn into a real career, then well, I apologize. But don't try to make it sound like you can't get anywhere with just a "crappy associates". I make 50+ a year with "just a crappy associates" - and I'm underpaid for what I do.

/rant

[/ QUOTE ]

you know i have a "real job" working 40 hours a week and i basically do jack [censored] all day. i wear torn jeans to work, get to keep my piercings in, i sit at a desk posting on 2p2 and get a 500$ paycheck a week.

then i play 50nl for a few hours and take 1k profit a month (easily done) and stash it into my ING mutual fund account.

i figure in 10 years or so i can probably move down to a part time job, then in another 10 years retire.

by not having an interest bearing account (i dunno if u do or not, but i have 3) in a few years time ur going to be kicking yourself when u realize how much $ you've lost out on in compounding interest. it's pretty phenominal stuff.

edit: just wanted to make a point that in the morning if ur not playing you can still sit around and STILL get paid for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a hater or anything but I dont see how you can plan to retire around 40-45 (I assume youre 20ish now) on 50k/year.