View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: \"The Ofdabeat hates backpackers special\"

[ QUOTE ]
Basically its just a few people who need to tell others how much more cultural and in the know they are compared to most other Westerners.

Not at all. We just like to make fun of smelly hippies who think they are superior to every other tourist and dress/behave like stupid fools all day long.

If you dont think its awesome that many Thai-people have racist tendencies against low-spending white people or if you dont think it is awesome to screw whatever local chick (which is ugly but that you can fool yourself into believing is hot because she looks different) you see then you are lame.

Obv we think it's awesome that some thai hate backpackers, in KSR it's low class uneducated thai, in others places it's educated ones which frequents westerners daily. They are bound together by their refusal of backpackers/backpacking culture, It's beautiful to witness such unity in an heavy compartimented society like the thai society.

Of course like every clearly superior backpacker fanboy you think screwing local chicks is oppressing them, that they are poor and have no choice ( or want a green card ). Even better you think they are ugly, oh yeah the thai girls are so ugly!, everybody who lives or has been in thailand is going to confirm that!... either you have absolutely no taste in women, are gay or your own repressed racism is showing its true nature here.

Every time you can point to a tourist and see how much more "touristy" he is compared to you then you get a point. If you know a few Thai-words or even have a Thai-friend and also refer to other non-Thai people as "Farang" then you are truly awesome.

Absolutely stupid comment again : we don't like backpackers for sure. Did we say anything about other tourists? No never.
I like tourists, the thai people like tourists.
I don't care if you wear a short and an hawaiian shirt every day as long as you are clean and don't spend you time calling every local women ugly whores while you hang with your fat white stonehead girlfriend. Two points that backpackers just don't get right ever ever.

Guess what I genuinely like to hang out with tourists, they are here to have fun and don't cry over a 5 dollars bill.

When I'm on holiday I do touristy stuff, I don't try to be a stupid pretender with a 5 days old beard believing he is superior to every other tourists, or in contact with god knows what "local culture" other people ( I'd say "normal people" ) are not smelly enough to even fathom.

Also if you go to France and go to see the Eiffel-tower and are impressed by its structure rather than just sit at a local cafe and behave nonchelant and not give a crap about the tower then you are so behaving like a geeky tourist and are not cool enough to be in the clique who has really "understood" the country they are visiting.

once again you are referring to the imaginary world that seems to prosper in your small brain, we never said anything about being a geeky tourist or that visiting and appreciating monuments and local culture is for losers. On the contrary it's a sign of both respect and cultural curiosity. Oh and thanks for the cliche about parisian people "behaving nonchalantly and not giving a [censored] about the tower" I spent most of my young adult life in paris and the parisian are extra proud of the tower which is a symbol of the french culture and i'd never diss someone for visiting it. The same ( even stronger ) respect is shown by the thais for their temples and they simply love when a tourist is interested in them. Too bad most backpackers dress so badly ( ignoring local culture once again ) that they can't even enter the temples.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cliff notes : I destroy his [censored] post