Thread: Oh Boy....
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Oh Boy....

I agree that the Christian Righters would be more likely to stay home if it was Paul vs. Hilary. Actually a lot of them would probably find a 3rd Party goon to rally behind (and hopefully he'd be so nutty that the wing would lose a lot of its influence in the party). But you seem to be overlooking the number of traditional Democratic interests that (reciprocally) Paul would take (with the big difference being that he could actually GET the votes whereas the religious right would not vote FOR Hilary), as well as the enthusiasm he would tend to draw from otherwise politically disinterested types. The tricky part is getting to that point. I'm pretty convinced, if nominated, Paul would be a huge favorite over her.

I think the stronger Hilary gets, the more true it becomes to say Paul is the only one who can beat her. Presently there's no strong Republican candidate anyways, and you have the one guy who might be able to beat Hilary throwing knuckleballs in your bullpen. Put him in, coach. Let's see what this kid can do.