View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 03:29 PM

Default .25/.50 PS I flop Aces up

I hadn't noticed anything particularly strange about our villian except that he is way too loose and passive preflop. He limps with holdings such as AJ and calls when ever he he faces aggression.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

I think I gave too much action here after thinking about the hand (regardless of the results) I didn't put the villian on a range and I thought.. SOMG.. I have two pair.

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

After I put in the third bet, my plan was to call and check call any river except an A. This is where I started thinking about my opponents holdings. He had at least two pair on the turn, very likely a set of 5s or 7s, but he could also have A7 or A5.

River: (14 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

On the river there are 4 combos of A5 I tie, 4 I lose when he has A7 and I beat the 6 combos of 75 and the 4 combos of sets he could hold.

With that info, what is your take of the river action?