View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Sklansky concedes religious debate o rly?

Arguments between people which believe in religion and those who choose not to are about as worthwhile as arguments between diehard liberals and conservatives. No matter how much you try to convince the other side of your views, it's utterly impossible because these sort of beliefs generally make up the fabric of a person.
About the only times I've heard of a hardcore atheist turning religous are after a near death experience. Numerous examples of this. Dood is basically a [censored] during his life, almost dies, sees the light, is given another chance, and his life does a 180 becoming a minister, treating people better etc. I've talked to several people who have had NDE's, and from their testimony it's unreal how these experiences have changed their lives.

Of course, like anything else, I think you'd have to experience a situation such as this to truly believe it.

Believe what you want, and don't force that belief upon others, nor claim somebody is stupid because they don't believe in your beliefs. Nobody knows for sure what the real answer is about religion, and tolerance should be shown by both sides.