Thread: Journeyman
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Journeyman

The ex's hotness factor did plummet this week due to some poor choices by the wardrobe dept, but I still like the show.

It looks like this week he solved his money issues, but the solution may come back to bite him in the ass later because of the liquor store hold-up. Failing to file the McCleen (aka D.B. Cooper) story may also hurt his job prospects as the paper looks to cut costs.

I liked the sequence when his son saw his "magic", and it avoided the common pitfall of season-long misunderstandings that could be avoided by a five-minute conversation. On the other hand, I'm getting frustrated that he isn't grilling his ex about how everything works. This week it looked like he had quite a bit of time with her (they were strolling leisurely down the street, chatting) and he didn't try to find out what her roll is, where she goes when she isn't warping into his adventures, who/what she thinks is behind everything, etc...

Still, all in all, I think the show has some pretty smart writing. They're fixing the quick fixes at a decent pace while still maintaining some mystery.