View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Playing at the same place you deal.

This is a common problem with dealers playing in their own room. Most of them are very professional and behave well. But there is that fringe element who try to take advantage of their friendships and working relationships. Some of the worst-behaved players I've seen are dealers. A couple of the Wynn dealers fit into this category, doing the most outrageous things during hands that if any normal player did it would cause trouble (like reaching into main pot, grabbing the muck to see what someone folded, "helping" other players count their chips by reaching into the other players stacks, etc). And a while back I think psandman posted a tale of being outright cheated by a fellow dealer playing in psand's own room where the dealer knew he could get away with cheating a fellow dealer--nobody was gonna call the floor on him for it.

I agree with RR and Photoc that dealers playing in their own rooms MUST be held to at least the same standard as any other player. Doing otherwise creates a very bad image of the room. And in psand's example, I woulda fired that cheating dealer--you CANNOT let go the impression that the room allows their own dealers to cheat, even if they only cheat other dealers.