View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 05:54 AM

Default Re: To hedgers: Adding insult to injury

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, he could have made more money elsewhere. And he even recognizes this. But he did it anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, he's not an advantage gambler. He likes betting his birthday and following hunches. He hates flipping dimes for $1, but loves flipping quarters for $1. I'm not going to pay attention to any of his gambling advice. But even if he wants to do things his way, he may be better off not being ignorant of the way an advantage gambler should act. That way, he may have some idea of how much he is paying for his eccentricities.

I'm trying to remove some of the ignorance. I pointed out a clear mistake many advantage gamblers made. Smart advantage gamblers should be able to learn from that (thanks for the PMs), even if stubborn fools don't want to admit anything they do might be wrong, and trolls want to pretend that I must be arguing against all hedging when I repeatedly say from the original post onward that hedging 80% might be right, but hedging 100% was almost certainly wrong.

Once again, you don't have to know what someone's preferences are to see that they are making a mistake. The easiest explanation for advantage gamblers skipping a small bet of 10 to win 11 was not that they had ridiculously contrived preferences, but that they overlooked the opportunity, and how it compares with other gambles they routinely accept as advantage gamblers.