View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: ***yankees official offseason thread*****

[ QUOTE ]
from Rob Neyers column

I can't speak to the accuracy of these Yankees-related rumors, but they're certainly intriguing ...

A source of mine with Yankee connections had some good info for me today. Much was discussed yesterday in Tampa.

For starters, the Yanks are expected to make "eye-popping" offers to retain Jorge Posada and Mariano Rivera before the World Series ends. The team does not want the pair to file for free agency.

Additionally, the Yankees may make a big play for Aaron Rowand. They believe a package of Melky Cabrera, Chien-Ming Wang, and Ian Kennedy would entice the Twins for Johan Santana. That's a huge price, but doesn't seem out of line to me for the best pitcher in baseball.

My source didn't have anything about Andy Pettitte, who hated seeing Joe Torre go and will take a month to decide if he's even going to play next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did Neyer really write that? The exact same thing, word-for-word, was posted on mlbtraderumors.com three days ago.

And please do not make that trade. Seems like the playoffs made a lot of Yankee fans forget how good Wang has been for the last couple of years.