View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Re: 1 - 5 stud variance question

[ QUOTE ]
Within the first 3 or 4 hours, I can be up by anywhere from 70 - 130 dollars. Never more, sometimes less. Sometimes I'm down. Then, the cards seem to turn and I end up either back down to where I started, or even lower. Then my stack goes back up again, but never past the previous high point.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mental effort uses more calories per hour than ditch digging - the time frame makes me suspicious of your blood-sugar and ability to concentrate. Take a break every three hours, eat a protein/carbo mix (low fat - not pizza for the luvva mike) and drink tea instead of coffee, cola, red bull or any of that. The caffiene in tea is longer lasting, metabolizes more slowly. Small regular meals are the key. Walk around - breathe.

Exercise regularly if you are not, raises metaboloism makes it easier to break down fat into sugar when you need it, like after 2-3 hours at the table.

Sounds like your game is fine....when you are on top of it. Poker is a sport no matter what some say - your brain is a physical thing - poker is a "brain marathon." When you play a sport you don't just study the playbook, you make sure your body can do what you ask of it. And if you are eating anything with sugar or corn syrup in it when you play or before you play - then you need to read a few articles or books on nutrition.

gl