View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Timothy Ferriss and the Four Hour Work Week

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone,

You guys pride yourself on being logical thinkers, right?

1) Hire personal assistants to make your job easier.
2) Convince your boss to let you stay home from work because you are so much more productive with these personal assistants.
3) Your boss realizes that you are productive because of these personal assistants.
4)

What do you think happens next?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are misinterpreting the thread. He doesn't tell employees to farm out company work to virtual assistants, except in very specific occasions like an author needing to do research on a topic piece. He's not telling people to have your reports written by assistants or get them to work your spreadsheets. He makes a point to say not to do anything that involves company material because that would almost certainly be against your companies R&Rs.

Also, people are taking the four hours of work thing wrong. He's not talking about 4 hours a week of work period and then spending the rest of your time racing cars or whatever. He's talking about how to get the things you don't like doing down to as little time as possible. If it's your dream to use 60 hours a week to build a business that's fine. So long as you're not hating it while you do it. The goal isn't to be lazy, the goal is to be able to do things that excite you.

I would recommend you pick it up, even without an open mind. I hated it for the first 50 or so pages, but it clearly won me over in some way.