View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Aussies at Carbon Poker

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter whom it targets. The outcome is that it's illegal for us to play online.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it is not illegal for us to play online. Stop saying this. It is not illegal for Australians to play online.

From DCITA:

"The IGA targets the providers of interactive gambling services, not their potential or actual customers."

This is not rocket science. This is not difficult to understand. It is not illegal to play online poker.

[ QUOTE ]
I would rather poke my eyes with sticks, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, if you don't have any interest in reading the law, how can you claim to understand an interpretation of it?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but the whole point of the Australian law is to not target the person who's actually playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF? The point of the law is to prevent services to gamblers, right? In particular to problem gamblers. They didn't invent it just to stop Betfair from making money.

[/ QUOTE ]
Read the explanation that I have now linked twice to. You're clearly refusing to do this, because if you did, you would understand the situation.

Clearly, we're going to have to agree to disagree. Since there is no apparent improvement in your understanding that it is not illegal to play online poker in Australia, I have nothing else to contribute in this thread.