View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Leasing A Motorcycle

its been awhile since i sold mine but here it goes

i think if you goback to 2004, every thing is probably carurated (SP?), mine was a 2004 and carb, so therefore alittle cheaper than the fuel injected ones. for me it was a little eaiser to work on being that way to.

If you dont have alot of experince driving one you should defintly take the class. I had a fair amount of experince riding but had to take the class because the military required it, and it was the most benifical thing i ever did riding motorcycles. I dont know any serious rider that has taken that course and thought it was a waste of time, i even met a few people to ride with there, and ended up going out with a pretty large group that taught me alot more.

if you want to buy a motorcycle, the best would to look online or in classifieds, alot of people get buyers remorse, or drop there bike, dent itmaybe lay it down and are looking to get rid of it. So you can get it alot cheaper than a dealer if you do some work yourself.

i have never hear of a dealer doing a lease that short. When i bought my bike it was like 4.5k, i sold it a year later for 4k.

so it could actually be cheaper if you go that route than leasing....just something to think about.
i was 22 at the time, and high insurance so i paid cash and got [censored] insurance. i dont know your finical situation but i think thats the best option.

if you get in with a good riding group, make some friends, and you still have your bike in the winter...im sure a friend would let you put it in his garage. I did it for one of my friends, and he just brought a six pack around every now and then, worked out well.