View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 04:54 PM

Default RESULTS

Giordano thouhgt for about 2 minutes before folding. He took a while to make any decision, but this one seemed particuliarly long for him. He could have definitely been hollywooding, but it was a pretty good act if he was.

Here are some more thoughts about this hand from my perspective at the time. I felt like 1010 was really the only hand I was worried about that might call me here. My guess was he was going to definetely reraise me with QQ-AA. At the time I didn't have much of a read on him since he was moderately new to the table, so this was the rest of my reasoning:

If he had air, whatever, he folds.

If he's got a fullhouse or a 7 (I thought a 7 was highly unlikely), then I'm done.

If he's tight enough to not reraise with 1010 or JJ, then he might be tight enough to fold those hands here figuring I have an overpair or 99.

Or maybe he's loose enough to have 88, 66 or 55 and look me up thinking I've got some sort of hand like AK of hearts.

Basically, I felt my play was a value bluff. The more he thought, the more I felt like he had an underpair of some sort.

However, I wound up playing with him for a lot more on day 2, and my impression of his play changed a lot. I didn't find him to be very agressive at all. My impression of his play differs from Cornell Fiji a bit as I think it's a legit possibility that he had 1010-JJ here, cause TheBeat seemed pretty tight.