View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: OTForum Poll in AtF

[ QUOTE ]
As for improvements, the only thing I can think of is just trying to keep an updated sticky with links to FAQs, but with even more detail than in the current one. Of course that assumes some n00b actually bothers to read same, which is probably only a 50-50 proposition at best. Regarding such FAQs, maybe the thing to do is to start a thread occasionally on a certain topic which itself is to be a link thread, and then that link thread being put in the FAQ. That way you don't have to change the FAQ as often, but just update the various link threads with more links.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking about improvements on and off all day....It may be worthwhile to have additional stickies that break down topics....esp for some frequent FAQ's (VeryFAQ's/FFAQ's? Department of redundancy department?)

mibbie a few stickies like Multi-monitor/multi-tabling FAQ

Current best bang for the buck new desktop/laptop FAQ

Steps to save money spec'ing a new computer FAQ (like ordering RAM from newegg although the rest of the computer comes from Dell)

just a couple ideas to toss out......I don't want to see a ton of stickies, but about 3 (and by no means necessarilly the 3 I mentioned ablve...the last one is very low-content and prolly not deserving of it's own stickie) in addition to the main FAQ w/ targeted subject lines could make this a better place for those wandering in (drawback is this would actually decrease the posting numbers.....but would be providing a service w/o us repeating the same info over and over or saying "check the FAQ"

(edited for typos/minor clarification)