View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: The Best Poster in SMP

Maybe it's because you and Sklansky are teachers that you think in such terms as 'best' (if DS isn't officially a teacher, he's for sure one in spirit).

To be honest, I don't have a best, because I'm not good at grading. Is Vhawk the most accurate? He's for sure among the top posters I like to read.

I can say that I believe one of the most underrated posters is luckyme. I always enjoy the slightly quirky and off the wall manner in which he presents a bit of logic. Maybe I just enjoy his brand of humor and style.

For sheer accuracy, I'd have to go with people like yourself, Borodog, DS, Vhawk, Pairthe board, Metric, and I'm sure I'm missing many (another reason why I don't like 'best' lists).

When it comes to math, no one impresses me more than BruceZ. Although I don't understand alot of the math topics, so could easily be missing people. I know PTB and others are also very astute in math.

I'd also have to mention people like Kurto and Chez in number of posts that I most enjoy reading. Not only for their logic, but for their eloquence and delivery. Very often while reading their posts, I'm thinking, "Yes! Yes! Exactly! I wish I would've said that!". I also enjoy midge, maxweiss, and again, I'm forgetting many.

But there are many other very worthy contributors. Bunny, NR, snowball, bobkl (sure I misspelled that), come to mind, but I'm going to be embarrassed at all the ones I'm forgetting.

Lastly, there are some posters who many would label as clearly NOT good, but who nevertheless put up posts that spark interesting debates.

So I'll leave 'best' for you guys to judge. But those I mentioned (and all who I'm forgetting), are some of the people that make SMP a place I like to check in on most days when I get the chance.