View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Examples of what is killing my game

I am reviewing my history in Pokertracker. I found a lot of hands that I played really standard on and lost just due to variance i.e. push with top trips and opponent catches their flush or straight... nothing I can really do to change those situations.

But after I took a lot of beatings it caused me to start playing "gun shy" in the beginning with strong starting hands and then when I have no shot at winning "over playing". This is an example of my slide into playing very weak with an extremely strong starting hand.

Notice when I don't hit my magic trip on the flop, I just check the flop. I repeat this pattern of just calling the flop in order to see what the turn brings in several hands like this one.

When I see that no diamond hits on the turn, I push into the pot hoping to take it down. Then he reraises me... at which point I suspect he either has me beat or is drawing good.

This is what I think I should have done. I should have either potted the flop or even better reraise his bet on the flop.

But as played when he reraised me I really should have folded.

I notice as I go through my database I played a few hands like this, sugestions?

[BTW I know this hand was horribly played. I am just reviewing all my huge mistakes and want to correct them.]

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Janellebb7: $28.45
UTG+1: $16.40
MP1: $19.75
MP2: $25
MP3: $29.25
CO: $71.35
Button: $7.20
SB: $14.90
BB: $14.95

Pre-flop: (9 players) Janellebb7 is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Janellebb7 raises to $1.1</font>, 2 folds, MP2 calls, 4 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($3.4, 3 players)
BB checks, Janellebb7 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets $3.4</font>, BB folds, Janellebb7 calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($10.2, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Janellebb7 bets $10.2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises all-in $20.5</font>, Janellebb7 calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($51.2, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $51.2)

Results:
Final pot: $51.2
<font color="#cc0000">Janellebb7 showed Jh Jd Kh Kc</font>
<font color="#cc0000">MP2 showed 9c Kd 3s Ac</font>