View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Re: Early hand Stars $320 vs Bill Ivey

I'm a SSMTT guy but was looking around up here and just popped in and saw your post. I'm not sure the ebb and flow of the higher stakes MTTs roll, but I'm confused as to why you played your hand so weakly.

IMO:
pf - perfect. i like making it >3xbb
flop - check is ok if you plan on coming over the top, otherwise put a bet out there, somewhat close to the size of the pot. if you get raised, then you have to go with your gut, but the more fearful you are, the more likely your opponent is to put you on a weak hand. once that happens, the chips will start flying, making decisions even harder.
turn - i strongly dislike the C/C on back-to-back streets. if you're going to be playing this hand at all then i think you need to be in the driver's seat. if you really are fearful of the board texture and think you may be behind, save your chippies.
river - as played, this is the only street where i think that a C/C could be effectively implemented. you don't want to be and get raised, esp at this point being as how your hand cannot improve, but I think once you've gone that far, you cannot fold.

(again, if what i'm saying seems uberly immature for these stakes, it's because i don't play them, just putting in my $.02)