View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Official SSSH LC/NC Thread for November!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw i routinely claim to be pregnant in the chatbox

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you?

[ QUOTE ]
and pj i think you underestimate how stupid some of these internet players are

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm one of them, and I'm stupid, so... you have a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to get back to this topic after it's pretty much died down but I just was reminded of something from a BBV thread.

Some guy posted about a chat following a heads-up match that went like this:

Trodal: ill report u for wh u [censored] *****
SABR42: lol what?
Trodal: u heard me.every time i had aa-jj qq or something u folded preflop,when i had suck cards u raised every time
Trodal: but when i had good, u folded before i even acted
Trodal: ugly lowlife
Dealer: Trodal leaves the table

It reminded me of one time I was accused of 'cheating' by some guy heads-up because I won a hand with 65s.
After he busted a few hds later he stuck around to tell my new opponents that I was a 'cheater' because I play crap like 65 trying to hit draws.
Granted, this was on Party back in its hey-dey but you get the point.

Some people are truly retarded but still have enough brain-cells to successfully deposit on a poker-site and hit the call/raise/fold buttons.

I also think of people who are simply less experienced at this stuff.
If I tried to sit my mom or dad or GF at the computer and teach them to play internet-poker and they saw this chat they would look at me and say, "That guy just said he was cheating. Maybe we should find a different game."
"No Mom. It was just messing around. They were only joking."
"Really? How do you know that. Shouldn't we be safe just in case and find a new game."

Granted my Mom is computer-retarded, but again, the point is that some of these people actually might try to play poker.