Turn: J (1.5BB, 2 players)
BB bets, Hero calls (2.5:1).

River: 6 (3.5BB, 2 players)
BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.

Results:
Final pot: 7.5BB

wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely LOVED this hand. At first glance, without seeing any history, it looks completely unusual.

What made me take this line was this hand earlier in the session.

Results:
Final pot: 0.25BB

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Omaha Hi/Lo Ring game
Limit: $50/$100
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $2020.50
BB: $1972

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with 8 J 2 7
Hero raises, BB calls.

Flop: 9 Q T (3SB, 2 players)
BB bets, Hero calls (4:1).

Turn: 8 (2.5BB, 2 players)
BB bets, Hero raises, BB folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to Hero.

She was OOP, and led on that board. She then led the turn pretty quickly and then gave up when the most obvious draw card hit. What this doesn't show is timing, which gives me information, but I don't wanna elaborate on that.

In this hand, I think she either has two pair or nothing. If she had two pair she's leading out cuz the board is scary and she doesn't want draws to get there.

Translate that hand over to here. From the past hands, if I had missed on these type of hands, I'd usually just give up, so again if she had two pair it would make sense for her to lead.

But she doesn't. She checks, I check behind.

Now obviously the turn card changes how I was going to proceed with the hand and now I have to improvise.

She leads, not too quick, but a nice thinking lead. Now I don't put her on a full house already (reasons from before), so I can do two things: call or raise.

If I raise, It's harder for Villain to continue if she has a draw.

If I call, she can continue with her draw (if she has one), and get priced in if she hits river or even throw in a bluff (as my hand looks pretty weak) if she misses.

If she has a jack, she's not going anywhere. By calling it keeps the pot small and I can decide what to do on the river. Raising if she has a jack gives her implied odds because I'm probably gonna bet any river and would hate a c/r.

Also if she has a hand like QQ+, it's easier for her to pay off if I just flat call there.

The river was a safe card in my mind, especially given the timing of her bet, so I decide to raise for value.