View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: $114 The hand that made me move to cashaments.

[ QUOTE ]
Cit,
THe thing is its very easy to narrow down pudge's range because his pf range here is so narrow. Calling a 4x UTG raise UTG+1 his range is pretty small. Lets assume its AQ+ 22+ is the absolute widest it would be. I'd probably say its narrower something like AK+ 77+. However it doesn't really matter because both of these ranges play the same postflop in this specific hand.
Now once he gets to the flop UTG cbets into 3 people Pudge will fold all hands worse than TT and call or raise with everything else. The turn is a King villain checks. Now pudge's range on the turn is basically 99/88 TT-AA and we can discount AA/KK because he'd 3bet pf sometimes.
So His range is mainly 88-QQ. Given this the only way AA is ever good on the river is if pudge is turning TT-QQ into a bluff which an unkwon can't really put him on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never give someone the benefit of knowing how tight my range is until they've proven they are decent. In this hand, villain is pretty well unknown so we can't assume he knows Pudge has a very tight pf range.

Also, if Pudge shoves the river with TT then I don't see why he won't float the flop with some hands. If he's playing ABC 2+2 SNG style then it's very easy to narrow his range. However, if I ever see a player make a FPS move like shoving the river here with TT then there's absolutely no way I'd ever fold AA on the river.