View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Forget NFL network.. ARIZONA ST @ USC

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i posted this in the pac 10 thread but anyone thinks usc doesn't deserve a shot is pretty dumb. this would be like saying the colts didn't deserve to be in the super bowl last year even though it was pretty obvious that they were the best team in the nfl and most of there regular season mediocrity was due to injuries and other nonsense

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to not understand at all that the 1) the way we determine champions in the NFL and college is different and 2) the way we determine a champion need not be the same as determining the best team. Once you realize this you'll realize that calling everyone "dumb" is in fact "dumb." Now, you might think that a system which determines a champion should be the same as one which determines the "best" team. That's aother argument entirely, but realize that no team sport in America is designed this way, and we like that way. It's okay that the "best" team doesn't win. It's wrong if it's a crapshoot but it's okay to have upsets matter too.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is retarded. we are not arguing whether usc should be in the national championship b/c i obviously understand that they shouldn't. we are arguing whether or not usc would own if there was a playoff and earn their spot in the NCF. i'm pretty sure they would