Thread: My friend Scott
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: My friend Scott

Everyone, thank you again for the words. You have no idea how much they help.

I received a message on myspace from one of Scott's real close friends. He's someone I would consider a friend as well, but well you know. A friend. Good guy too.

Anyway, he was in town tonight for business and wanted to meet up for a beer. Quite honestly, I was reluctant to agree, because I don't want this to be a reality. I am far away from all of this. My only contact has been over the phone, e-mail, myspace, IM. I hadn't actually talked to someone in person. I didn't want to confront it.

But, I had to. I had to talk to him. His grief is way worse than mine right now. He's been there and seen Scott's family.

So I sent him a message and we set up a time to meet.

I took my bro with me(my rock) and went to meet him. I drove by a nice pool place in Uptown that I went to with Scott and my friend Kenji when he was here in July. I almost cried right then. Two days later would be the last time I would see him.

I met up with my friend and we talked for a while. It was very sad, but also good. Talking about it was better than I had anticipated. My friend was obviously gutted. But he had moved passed the intense sorrow. I think it was good for both of us. I hope so at least. We talked about some of the good times we had, we pondered about why this happened. We drank some; My bro paid for the drinks.

I feel more confused than ever.

I'll be in Seattle tomorrow. I don't know what to expect.