View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Why did my friend get banned for this?

[ QUOTE ]
did you guys see the big sticky in all caps that warns people of multi-day bans for this crap? do you know how many of these posts i have to delete every day? apparently everybody on this site thinks OOT is the place you go when you have a dumb, lazy question and don't feel like going to google, travelocity, time out ny, expedia, yahoo, wikipedia, or any of the gazillion other websites on the interwebs to get an answer.

of course if i had moved this to the travel forum someone would show up (probably tuq) and complain that nobody will asnwer it there (which they won't) and i'm being unfair by not letting people use OOT for whatever inane crap pops into their head.

lol at jim kuhn saying word one to anybody about a bad ban. own up to your own ridiculous mistakes before you go criticizing anyone else. just like your last ban, you probably didn't even know that this is covered in the rules.

dynasty you can go get [censored] too, we all know how great a mod of OOT you turned out to be. OOT posters support this policy and anyone who doesn't like it can post somewhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

The big sticky in caps that says:

'IF YOU DON'T USUALLY POST HERE, DON'T'?

Is that how you welcome new users to www.twoplustwo.com? Is that sticky some kind of joke or something? If so, I must be missing the humor. What was actually wrong with the post in question? It was very well worded and could not have been answered via a google search.

It would have been MUCH easier to move that thread and check the 'leave a pointer box' with a message saying these types of posts should go to the travel forum. This would also help other users and alert them about the existence of the travel forum. How much time did it take to ban this user vs moving and linking with a pointer. It would have been much less of your time. I repeat this was a HORRIBLE BAN that could have easily been avoided. The poster in question had absolutely no associated notes in more than four years. This IS the type of ban that tends to give twoplustwo a bad name and drives away customers. This ban should be reversed asap along with an apology to the user.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]