View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Re: AP thread 87.1 - waiting on the statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
Just got off the phone with the same person Nat got off the phone with.

Let me say that, on a personal level, I got the feeling he is honest. I can't say why publicly, but there is one particular reason that I think he was telling me the truth.

Having said that, here's what everyone needs to know right now:

-A statement from the senior figure at the combined company (not Tom lol) will be coming, most likely tomorrow morning, at his own request (this is why it's delayed);
-This will not be the final statement, just the first one;
-All tournament and cash game players are being fully repaid obv, within a short time frame (you can stop bugging me on AIM now);
-There are, indeed, two senior figures implicated in this (see Nat's post for more on that);
-Two or three other pieces of information I will be cross-checking on before commenting further*.

Overall, I get the feeling that this is the truth as this person knows it. It may not be the entire story, but AP is very well aware that if anything they say does not check out with what we know for sure, they'll be crucified. In other words, I'm going to wait for the statement along with the rest of you before saying anything else.

*He told me one big thing that I could potentially use against AP if they do not come clean with it. They will certainly talk about this soon, and while it will not surprise many of you, it should somewhat reassure some people when it does get out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds promising. Too early to call it a win but hopefully we are up by several points.