View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Flamingo LV Poker Dealers are unprofessional & spoiled

[ QUOTE ]
the floorman is the one who breaks games up, dealers dont. and they do break up short tables and create a new one because they dont want that people get bored from playing 5 handed and leave.

[/ QUOTE ]
You miss the point. The point here is that is should be the PLAYERS who request the games be combined. If the players are happy playing short-handed, the house absolutely should let it continue and do nothing to screw that up. It helps out the dealers by giving 'em another table to work and earn tokes from, rather than sitting in the break room or sitting at a dead spread. And the house earns more rake by keeping two short tables going. It makes no sense at all for the staff to try to break a game. And as OP pointed out, there are sometimes major downsides to doing it, like losing your limited access to the donating fish. If I'm at a 5-handed table with all rocks, yeah, I'll ask for a table combination. If I'm at a 5-handed table with 3 huge donators I'm saying not a word. It should NOT be the staff coming in breaking things up.