View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Law Review Note Topic (I Need Some Ideas)

Don't know if this typically qualifies as "politics", but something tells me the Student Life forum isn't the help I need here.

What is a law review note?

[ QUOTE ]
A Note is a student-authored piece of academic writing which discusses and analyzes an original legal issue or problem in some depth. Beyond this very general description, Notes are quite diverse, both in terms of topic and style. Some are doctrinally focused analyses of particular legal questions. Others present normative arguments on how courts or legislatures should analyze a particular problem that they have not yet addressed adequately. Still others are historical or theoretical. What all good Notes have in common is that they are well-written, interesting, and original treatments of legal problems. Most Notes begin their lives as term papers, either for traditional courses and seminars or for directed research.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now obviously, coming to the Politics forum, I expect a certain amount of AC anti-government sentiment, etc., etc. I'm all about finding some area where a certain law is being applied differently in different courts, against the constitution, etc. but I probably am not going to write about how we should abolish the government.

What I am really looking for is some unsettled area of law, some conflict between circuit courts, basically something that is fresh and topical. An area where there is a question, and as of yet not many answers. I'm going to be putting tons of hours into this, so I don't want to write on some tiny rule in Maritime law that is only unsettled because nobody cares. I'm looking for something that might even sound interesting to people other than law school professors.

I have absolutely no ideas and would appreciate some help. If I use your idea, I can even thank you in a footnote!