View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: NL25, hero has a Premium Hand and faces a 4BB bet and a raise to 8

[ QUOTE ]
I am hardly ever completely readless,as first thing I do when I come to a table is to check out all the big stacks - I want to know how many tables they are playing. I have never seen a good player (speaking in NL25 terms) playing one table at a time, I have never seen some who was playing 12 tables w/o some clue to preflop hand value, and so on. "Player not found" is not so good, but at least it means someone has spent some thought about the client, so most of them are at least trying to think about the game too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very good point, the problem is how to analyze 9 players from 12 tables :-)

[ QUOTE ]

That said - MP3 makes a weird min-raise and it makes me think of badly played AA/KK ("stay in the hand please! put some money in the pot please!").

I want AA or KK here to come along.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you fold everything but AA or KK?
You fold QQ and medium pairs?
What would you do with AA, and what would you do with KK?

[ QUOTE ]
So its no longer enough that we put villains on hand ranges without even having reads, now we have to guess Hero's range too?

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that in this hand I had a moment of clarity (at least is what I think), and I saw how I was playing different premium hands in here, and hence decided to take a new line.

I think that how you play one specific premium hand has to have a correlation with how you play others, so that's the reason for the hero's range.