View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Stud High- 554

Hands like this tend to play poorly, even in a 5-way pot, because any strong hand you make will be somewhat obvious to the other players, limiting your action and your implied odds. I think the decision is a lot closer if you had (55)4 instead of (45)5 cause even at 2/4 they know to shut down if you pair your door card and you can force some bad folds from overpairs if you make (55)44 and go nuts (and of course good ones if you make (45)55). (55)45 is much better disguised and you may get lots of action from hands you crush punishing your "straight draw" or whatever they credit you for. Also, made straights and flushes will tend to be one bet per street affairs with (45)5 and your 2-pair type hands that you make just aren't gonna win very often at all so your prospects aren't that hot.

So Seat 2 apparently made jacks up or he has the unlikely trips or he is a retard with like wired AA. Seat 3 is apparently brain-dead but now irrelevant and it's impossible to put the others on hands. Your equity is really poor here, this hand is a big turd and I think you should just fold 4th because of that and your poor implied odds. But since you made it to 5th, the hand pretty much plays itself from that street on, you either catch up or you don't.

I think you could get away with playing (A5)5 rainbow here or maybe (44)5 or the like if you're good but for the reasons stated (45)5 just isn't enough hand, 2-tone or not.