View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: NLCASH - nl200 HU video (looking for feedback)

A few quick thoughts..I didn't listen to the audio, so i dont' know if you provided commentary or not on your play.

I watched most of the session vs ABear44. I don't know if he's better than you, but he's a decent player and that should have been shown when he value bet QT vs the Q3449 board. You shoulda found another table at that point. Whenever you continously reload and are not getting sucked out on, then you need to search for another table.

You need to 3 bet bigger OOP. The standard seems to be button raises to $6 and you raise to $18. Make it bigger.

When you 3 bet K9 OOP the flop was monotone and something like 5,6,7. You need to bet the flop hard to represent an overpair and trying to knock out all draws. I would also follow up with a strong turn bet. The villain seems to be pretty straightforward and will probably release overcards and the Ace by the turn.

He was 3 betting your button raises light IMO. You need to repop him every once in a while to keep him in line.

At 22 mins into the session, you raised pre on the button with 4,3 and the flop was KQJ. You CB's and he called. The turn was a 4. You both checked. I often do this, thinking "I just got a small pair, if he's on a draw I'll check and hope to win it." I believe in these situations you need to bet the turn as well. Try to get a J or 55-99 to fold and charge a T to keep drawing. Betting 2x on this type of board screams "I have a good hand and am charging you to draw." It also says "Be ready to call another large river bet with your Q or J." I believe this villain was a thinking player and would see this.