View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Thremp - Hot Sizzle Summer Log

1C5,

No, I have not. I am trying to start slow and then ramp it up as time goes by.

Matt,

Cool. Keep me posted on what you turn up.

All,

I did my first EDT set and am confused how to exactly set it up or exert myself. I am sure pacing yourself is the goal to success and not dying/overtraining on this gibber jabber.

I took it nice and easy this first day.

A1: Pull ups - I did some minor kipping and cut down on ROM to hit the reps I needed. Started to fail on the sets of 5 toward the end.
A2: Skullcrushers - This was an exercise that I usually never do since I don't do much tricep isolation work and when I did before I would use other exercises. Finally got used to it and didn't drop the bar. The bar for this weighs 15lbs? I had a couple 10s on each side, and this was easier than the Chins.

B1: Seated Row - Did these on the cable. 75 lbs.
B2: Reverse Tricep Pressdown - Using like 30lbs on a cable machine.

Notes: First 20 min set I got in 66 reps and made the mistake of putting my stations like 15 yards apart, which ends up soaking up a ton of time when you are walking an additional 300 or so yards needlessly. The second set I put the loading way too low and ended up with a 100 reps not even breathing hard. Will have to up weights across the board. I am shooting for a rep range of 60-70, so slightly less than Charles recommends while I am trying to get used to this program.