View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Marrying a Girl From a Different Culture

[ QUOTE ]

Btw Katie, I'm a German guy. Became naturalized just before my teens. We tend to like order, clarity, and stand on politeness. If there is such a thing as a German national character, it loves its forests and is a bit of a romantic. If we see an open door in the house, we tend to close it. There seems to be a certain natural respect we lend toward each other that I see in some Asian cultures, but not really so much in America.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg, I think it's cool you are German. One of the greatest guys I've ever known was a German who was doing an internship over here in the US and happened to land at my company. We connected almost immediately. He was this tall, awkward blond guy with a short military hair cut and dorky glasses. He was a scientist and extremely polite. Surprisingly, he dug me and I was crazy about him. We would always sit together and talk, every day. Talk about his family, his friends, his childhood. I remember being at his apartment and him showing me his suit and all his belongings. He was the sweetest guy I'd ever met. When he left I thought my world would never be fun again. I like to think that all Germans are like him. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]