View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 06:30 AM

Default Do I run worse than anyone in poker?

This actually isn't a rhetorical question. I am not sure what the best method of determining how unlucky you are through PT data is, but my guess is that w$sf and w$sd have to be the two most telling statistics. So here's a bit of a background on my situation. I played 750k hands in the last half of last year. I was an overall winner of 8pt(2xbb)/100. I won appr. 10bb/100 at 100nl, around 8bb/100 at 200nl. At the limits from 400nl to 1k nl I won 5bb/100. The number of hands I played at 400-1k nl represented less than 5% of my poker though. So in December I decided to only play 1knl so essentially I was "taking my shot." Well the first day went great and I won 13k! Midway through the second day I was up over 20k for my new adventure. That night the doom switch was turned on and I have been running terrible since mid December. I went on to lose like .8bb/100 at 1k nl for like 40k hands before calling it quits. I went all the way back to 200nl just to get some positive mojo again. The only problem was I ran terrible there and still do to this day. I am frustrated on almost a daily basis and I often have to quit my session for fear I will begin playing badly. Anyway there's no sense in me rambling on any more. Let's get to the brass tax. My wtsd this year is 22%. My w$sd is 48.44% over 450k hands. My w$sf is 40.62 and my bb/100 is 3.11.

So what I'm asking is is there anyone who can show me a lower w$sd and w$sf and at the same time show me a higher bb/100? I have also improved my game greatly in the last 6 months and I really believe despite the games being somewhat tougher that I should be cleaning up at least 7-8bb/100 at 200nl. At the higher limits I expect at least 2-4bb/100. I am convinced that no one in the history of online poker had ever run worse than I have this year. Can anyone prove me wrong? I'd love to see a scrren shot if possible of someone with a lower w$sd/w$sf and a higher win rate.