View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Rebuilding my bankroll--is this a good plan? Plus: PS + FTP questions

1) SSHE is a good read. Play whichever game is your BEST game until your 'roll is where it should be.

2) Know nuthin' about ePassporte. Do you know people you can send paypal to and do a cash transfer with? Save on fees.

3) RB at FTP is nice, but smaller limits are had at 'stars. Begin at 'stars and then move to FTP as you move up in limits. Move up the ladder as you develop.

4) Grinding is g00t.

5) Begin at 'stars at lower limits until your 'roll is up there. Then move to FTP.

6) A 'comfort zone' is good but can be overrated. Get PT as soon as you can. It will make you the $50+ or so back a hundredfold. Review hands, strategies, track opponents, find fish/donkeys. PAHUD by pokeracesoftware.com is also another must-have to begin with.

7) ???? On the 7th day rest I guess!

8) Profits yes! A good Ferengi always profits.

Overall your plan looks workable. I do suggest starting at the lower limits at 'stars before going to FTP. I'm playing NL now and have switched back to 'stars from FTP w/rakeb for this very reason.

PT and PAHUD are indispensible to begin with. Later on you tend to not lean on it so much, but it's great for reviews, etc. As for rb at FTP, if you're a losing player rb won't save you. Begin at lower limits and work up, if you can play higher great, go for it at FTP then but rb isn't everything. I'd rather win 4BB/100 and give up rb, then be breakeven and get rb. Make sense?

Don't know nuthin' 'bout O8 either.

gl to you.