View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 08:10 AM

Default Re: ***September Low-Content Thread***

Dave - Right now I dont have any good stats for anything 10/20 and higher, mainly as I was lazy and didnt watch those tables all of the time

As far as why I datamine them - Part is so that I do have stats on HUD for when I do play (its just a part time thing for me) and the other is interest in how much other people are beating the game for. I can say the stats dont matter a lot when I am playing, I mainly use it for game selection and also look out for really passive call station type players as most players anymore are pretty agressive so I just look for them to make sure I dont try to bet them out of a pot when there is 0% chance of them folding.

The main reason I dont rely on stats, is that they can be misleading. Most of the losers play a few 100 hands and donate and vanish to never be seen again, over a few 100 hands, you really cant get a good picture of someone, how their stats line up could also be a function of the games they were playing in also. I think won$ at showdown can be an interesting stat but also lacks a lot of value on small sample sizes. For this reason I mainly use stats for game selection mainly to watch VPIP and PFR %s although I can say you can find some games with some regulars that play tight but lose so that isnt always the best method either.