View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Superuser at betfair.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Exactly! How many times have you been playing at a table when one person comes along that cannot lose? No matter what you do, they seem to know everything. Every time you try a bluff they "know" you have nothing so re-raise. Every time you catch a hand, they "know" you have something and fold. All this without ever seeing the white of your eyes.

I'm talking random strangers too. Not someone you have played several times before.

I've seen this happen multiple times at multiple sites. Having read the AP superuser threads, I'm convinced this is exactly what was happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now let us not get carried away. Stick to what can be proven. As Adanthar noted, the occurence of a superuser that can see everyone's hole cards without the use of a trojan, is still only isolated to AP, and there' not really any reason to conclude that online poker is rigged yet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm not claiming to be a great poker player, never have. I can hold my own at 5/10 NL cash games and have occasionally played 10/20 NL games. I now prefer 5/10 max online, simply because of my past experiences.

However, I'm not stupid either. I've been a software developer for 10 years. The point I was trying to make in my original post was that Admin/SuperUser accounts exist on all sites, not just AP. It's also a fact that people must have access to these accounts to test the software. How many people can honestly say if they had access to such accounts they wouldn't be tempted to use them to make a lot of extra money?

Occassionaly, I've experienced play that could only be explained by someone using such an account. At the time I suspected collusion but it just seemed too exact to be collusion.

Also, POTRIPPER would never have been caught had it not been for someone sending the wrong hand histories. He didn't even cheat particularly well, playing nearly every hand, never folding to a bluff, etc and he would still never have been exposed. Even "Potroast" who played against him in that tournament said he looked like a maniac who was trying to run over the table (it's in the AP thread).

If I were a clever scammer and had access to the SuperUser account, I'd stay well clear of the big games. It's too small a community, where a lot of them know each other. Instead, I'd target the mid-range games where I could still make plenty. And I'd cheat a lot better than POTRIPPER. What are the chances of ever being caught using such tactics? I'd estimate they are close to zero.

I know this is starting to sound like an "All online poker is rigged" rant. It's not meant to be and I don't believe it is. However, the SuperUser account genie is out of the bottle and can never be put back in. I'm sure I'm not the only one that suspects they may have been a victim of this.