View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Man kills 2 People While 911 Is Telling Him Not To

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Valuing consumer electronics over people's lives is exactly the sort of thing we need to be locking people up for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree here.

I hate to be racist or value one person over another, but these 2 burglars arent exactly model citizens. They are a leech on society, and they are certainly going to rob someone else. Who knows if they are armed, and if they will harm someone else while robbing them?

I really can't blame someone for killing 2 thieves.

[/ QUOTE ]

i used to think you seemed like an ok guy. this post is horrific.

your point is not that they posed an imminent threat and the guy had to defend himself. your point is that they were bad people so who cares if someone shoots them. just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably phrased my point poorly, blah.

I was trying to get at that these guys could very likely harm other people when robbing another house. Maybe they think the house is empty, go inside, and are startled by a resident, and they end up shooting them.

EDIT: WTF I didnt say "they are bad people, who cares if someone shoots them".

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't see how those are exactly the same thing? bad people, as in likely to cause harm in the future?
it's not that you didn't phrase your point well, it's that your point is ridiculous. 'who knows if they are armed, or if they will hurt someone else next time' does not logically lead to 'there's nothing wrong with killing them'

also, lol at your use of the phrase "leech on society"
that's basically the definition of a poker player. I'm not saying poker players are equivalent to thieves, just that once we start getting into the 'they are not exactly model citizens' argument, it's a bit of a slippery slope