View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Sklansky concedes religious debate o rly?

I don't know if this has been addressed anywhere in other forums, but I was wondering if Rev. Sklansky has adressed the import of Mr. Yang's clearly sincere religious beliefs and how it is possible that someone of this type could ever win the wsop main event, especially when pitted against the "obviously smarter" non religious types.

Rev Sklansky has made light of those with sincere religious beliefs and has made assertions that such beliefs are somehow negatively correlated with one's ability to thnk critically, to perform well in math tests, and at least by implication, with one's ability to play poker.
I believe Mr. Sklansky should comment on how this result impacts his assessment of those who maintain devout religious beliefs. Is this to be treated as a statistical aberration (how convenient)...Are we to question Mr. Yangs sincerity? Maybe, just maybe, there are benefits to deidcating oneself to believing in something not of this earth and maybe just MAYBE , being open minded instead of judgmental and closed minded may have some benefit as well.

sheets

Professor Erik Haber
Center for Religious Stidies
Linköpings universitet
581 83 LINKÖPING
Tel: +46 13-28 10 00
Fax: +46 13-14 94 03