View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Does poker consume your life?

very similar to me during sophmore year, but my story is a little different.....i was only able to make about 40k......i go to Penn and began making trips to AC......i would make money at poker and lose it at black jack or lose at the poker tables....either way i started losing every trip...i became addicted to the gamble and someimtes just played table games and then a friend introduced me to sports betting ugh that has ruined football for me..anywayss..i had to take a semester off cause of bad grades...since then I have gotten back into school and am gonna graduate in may......reading what you wrote is exactly how i felt except that in my case because i kept going broke the decision was made for me to basically quit and get back on track....my parents are wealthy and able to support me but they said they would stop if i did not get my degree

man i know how addicting poker can be and i have to be honest if i ever made it to 250k i dont think i would ever have stopped.....try real hard to take a 2 week break and I am pretty sure you will be able to gain control or gain some perspective....i dont agree with the guy that poker is a boon for you and will haunt, but I agree with you that if i had a choice i would not want to be a pro, but simply a serious recreational player with a good job. ur 19 and still have plenty of time to do whatever you want.