I liked your post a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you, sir.

[ QUOTE ]
Socks with sandals are the ghey.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
What would be truly awesome would be to set yourself up with a hidden camera and go into a Chinese restaurant like you did and film them giving you a fork without you asking for it. Then you organise to stalk the waiter outside work until he goes into a non-Asian restaurant to eat. Bribe the waiter to give him chopsticks and film it.

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet. i think i would need an assistant to pull this off, though. i'll look you up the next time i'm in Small Italian Alpine Village. perhaps your ninja cohort could be of some assistance?

fartman,

[ QUOTE ]

let's see, personally i try not to work my waiter too much or do anything to piss him/her off. asking for utensils shouldn't be a problem, it's not like i'm sending food back or anything. but i def like to minimize the chances of pissing the waiter off, and sending him to get something could do that

[/ QUOTE ]

do you live in the US? this sounds tremendously paranoid to me. getting me utensils or sending back an incorrect order ought to be painfully standard, unless you're a dick about it or whatever. perhaps you need to use "please" and "thank you" more?

[ QUOTE ]
what color am i? yellow i guess? lol better to ask what race/ethnicity. I'm asian/chinese btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was being facetious by referring to your ehtnic heritage as your "color". see, cuz my "race" is "white" so by analogy yours should also be a color. asian == yellow in this context. are you a native speaker of english?

[ QUOTE ]
i meant super-white in a cultural context. socks and sandals? only white ppl would wear that combo. don't take it as an insult, i'm teasing you is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

funny you should say that, since i learned to wear socks-and-sandals from the japanese in Hawaii.

an example from formal (and presumably obsolete) japanese attire:

that's not a great picture, but you see what i'm talking about.

life,

now that you mention it, there was a large serving spoon brought with my rice. i was under the impression that this was to convey the rice from the serving platter to the individual's plate when eating family style. since i was eating alone, should i have tried to stick that big ol' thing into my mouth? is that what you would have done? what if you were eating with others?