View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Ask Noah About First Year of Law School, Getting inTop 10%, Law Re

Just to add, as someone who goes to a lower ranked school, I thought that I would go to a lower school and get better grades etc. That's just not true like it is for undergrad, I think in general the gradation of talent among law schools is really slight. The people in my classes, probably 75% of them are just as smart as the typical wake student in college. They're all people used to being the top of their class at whatever college they went to, even if it was a lower ranked school. Granted this school is kinda one of those "hidden jewel" types in that it has a really good reputation in Boston (the alumni don't leave the area so the local connection network it strong, it just sucks for outside of New England), but no one else has heard of it, but it's still not BU/Harvard etc.

Compared to my undergrad I expected this to be a significant step down, but it really wasn't at all. I'd say at least 1/3 of my class went to BC/Tufts for college, and sometimes I feel like I'm working harder for less reward (whereas if you go to BC it's easier to get jobs even tho the talent is the same or maybe only slightly better).